Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lady GaGa rejected Kendrick Lamar duet over artistic differences

Lady GaGa has explained the reasons behind the delay for her new collaboration with Kendrick Lamar.

The singer previously revealed that her duet with Lamar titled 'Partynauseous' would be released in September, but the unveiling never happened.

LADY GAGA WITH KENDRICK LAMAR
However, GaGa has now confirmed that the track will not be released and will not be included on Lamar's forthcoming album good kid, m.A.A.d city.

"I apologise to the fans that this situation with 'Partynausous' is confusing," GaGa stated on herLittle Monsters website. "To it clear it up I must explain this (sic). 

"When I collaborate with an artist i work solely with them, not with their camps or management. Its purely organic and creative."

"I love Kendrick dearly as a friend, but was not willing to compromise musically to the changes his team was making to my music. 

"This is why I am not his record. I have a very specific vision as a producer and songwriter, and I always have. That song will be released at a different time, for a different project."

She concluded: "I love you, and think you should check out his stuff because he is truly great. He's a good kid, its just sometimes a mad city."

Meanwhile, Lady GaGa is expected to release her third studio album ARTPOP worldwide in spring 2013.

Watch the music video for Kendrick Lamar's single 'Swimming Pools (Drank)' below:




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...