Thursday, November 8, 2012

Lady Gaga Donates $1 Million To Red Cross

Lady Gaga Donates

So You Think You Can Dance guest judge, Lady Gaga is stepping up to show support for the victims of Hurricane Sandy by donating $1 million to the American Red Cross relief efforts. The world-renowned pop star is a native of New York and was eager to put her money where her mouth is. Take the jump to see what Gaga had to say.

According to E! News, New York holds a special place in Gaga’s heart. “Today I pledge 1 million dollars to New York & The American Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief. If it wasn’t for NYC: the Lower Eastside, Harlem, the Bronx and Brooklyn, I would not be the woman or artist that I am today,” Gaga, 26, said in a statement posted on her Little Monster’s blog. “New York is relentless ambition, a drive to succeed, a place where there is a natural pursuit of diversity through compassion.”

Gaga added, “Please accept this gift on behalf of myself, my parents Joe and Cynthia, and my sister Natali; with our deepest gratitude New York for raising us. Thank you for helping me build my spirit. I will now help you rebuild yours. Sincerely, Lady Gaga and The Germanottas.”

According to MTV, Lady Gaga is currently overseas on her Born This Way Ball Tour but took time earlier this week to honor her hometown by tweeting lyrics to a new, never released track, “No Floods.” She said, “East coast how are you holding up? How are you New York? Staying strong i hope, thinking of you all the time. Can’t even watch news feed. i wrote this song when i was 16. so weird to hear it now because of hurricane. ‘NO FLOODS’ hope this will cheer u up,” she wrote. “I’ll be there as soon as i can to help my old neighborhood. I’m on tour + can’t let my fans down. I want to help with my hands with all of u.”

“No matter lightning or thunder… Buckets of rainwater…You can’t flood this town. In a world unknown… You’ve gotta hold your own… And you can’t stop me. You’re never ever, ever gonna stop me now,” she sings on the“No Floods” track.

Lady Gaga isn’t the only one stepping up; many others have made donations as well in an outpouring of support to those victimized by Hurricane Sandy. And the cast of Jersey Shore will be teaming up with the nonprofit organization, Agriculture for Humanity on November 15 for the live benefit, Restore the Shore. During the benefit, viewers will be asked to “contribute to the rebuilding and restoration of Seaside Heights, New Jersey.”

What do you think of Gaga’s generous donation and the efforts of others to help victims of Hurricane Sandy? Post a comment below and let us know.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...